When re-designing your living room, one of the largest investments you will make is to buy a sofa for your home. If you have to pay so much money for a sofa, why not buy one that makes an impression with every interior design style. Why not choose a chesterfield? Take a look at some of the qualities below that define a good quality sofa.
1) Fabric: Leather should be your first priority fabric if you have kids and pets in the house as it is quite easy to wipe clean. A leather chesterfield sofa affords a classic, vintage look but not everyone likes the feel of leather. If you are one of those people, a soft washable fabric like cotton or linen can also be draped on the sofa. But be careful not to get fabric with loose weave as it can snag with jewelry and rip the upholstery.
2) Price: A lot of people think they can buy sofas from garage sales at a bargain price. However a good quality sofa can never be bought this cheap or will not last long if you buy it. If you want your sofa to last for years and years, do not even think about buying a very cheap one. Even though the price of a chesterfield sofa is on the high side, it can last you for as much as 15 years and never goes out of style.
3) Comfort: A chestfield sofa offers the perfect balance between support and comfort. It is low enough that you will not feel yourself sinking deep into it and in the process harming your back, but high enough to provide support to the shoulders.
4) Protection: A high quality chesterfield sofa will always come equipped with fabric protectant depending on what type of fabric it has. Some fabric protectors are fire proof while others protect from spillage stains. Leather chesterfield sofas have protectants which occur wear, tear and fading.
5) Filling: The higher the quality of the foam, the higher its comfort and durability. If you sit on a sofa for long periods of time, very soon it will become saggy and indented and that will completely ruin the look and comfort of the sofa. Chesterfield sofas come with high resilience foam that last a lot longer than cheap contemporary sofa foams.
6) Springs: Even more important than the foam are the springs within the sofa. Sofas that come with only weak mesh support sag very soon; you should buy only those sofas that have tight and firm springs. If you can feel large spaces between the springs through the cushions, they will not last long as they are of cheap quality.
A chesterfield sofa is a bug investment but if you buy wisely it will keep you in comfort in years to come.