RTA sleeper sofas are becoming more popular than ever before, and it is clearly because of the increasing quality of some manufacturers. The old and cheaply made sleeper sofas of old have now been replaced by a new ready to assemble option – custom made RTA sleeper sofas. Only a couple of manufacturers offer these, but they are worth looking at. Here are ten reasons to consider one of these new sofas, as well as reasons why they are better than the old options in the RTA market:
1. Sleeper sofas in the RTA market fit anywhere. Traditional sleepers are bulky, heavy and impossible to move around. RTA sleeper sofas are easily placed in the tightest of spaces, and can easily fit through a tight doorway or stairwell.
2. RTA Sofas are made sturdy if you buy the custom made versions. RTA sofas are not all made the same. The new ones are made with solid oak frames and are sturdy as any other kind of sleeper. The cheap ones are made with very cheap materials and are obviously subpar.
3. Custom Made Sofas Are Made In the USA. The cheap RTA sofas are made overseas in most cases, and are cookie cutter in nature. Assembly line furniture can not compare to having your sleeper crafted by hand to order.
4. Ready to Assemble sofas offer air mattresses. Have you ever slept on a traditional sofa that features a metal bar that sticks in your back all night? Would you not rather sleep on a bed of air? These sleepers offer an air mattress that is assembled and set up in minutes.
5. Custom made sleeper sofas can be put up in minutes with no tools. The traditional RTA sofas are a pain in the neck to assemble, and require the use of a tool that will drive you insane – the hex tool. Custom made sleepers are assembled with no tools and can be done in minutes – no sweat required.
6. Custom made sleepers look incredible when not in use. The sleeper is certainly an important part of a sleeper sofa, but so too is the couch. You do not want to have a sofa that looks as though it came out of the garage when the bed is not in use, after all. Custom made options are highly attractive, and can be as good as showroom furniture.
7. Sleeper sofas give you options for company or sleepovers. Many people put sleeper sofas in their guest rooms, and others have put them in their living rooms. Regardless, they give you a great option to turn to when you have company over. They also are wonderful for your teenagers when they have friends over for slumber parties.
8. RTA Sleeper sofas can be custom made. What used to be cut and dried with RTA manufacturers are no longer that way. You can use your own materials, or select from literally thousands of combinations in style, color and fabrics. No longer are you limited to four base colors and one style.
9. The custom made sleeper sofas are more durable. If you plan to actually use your sleeper sofa, you do not want to go with the cheaply made sofas on the market. You need to go with the custom made RTA options instead. The frames, as well as the sofas themselves are put together with the best quality and functionality.
10. Custom made sleeper sofas are not terribly expensive. Even if you upgrade and buy the well made sofas on the RTA market, you are still going to see plenty of savings over the standard sleepers on the furniture market. Saving money is always a good thing when the product is of this quality.